Coverd Calls, Credit Spreads, Iron Condors and Advanced Stock Option Spread Trading Image

Discover the stock options strategies favored by professional traders in our FREE options trading mini-course!


Friday, January 19, 2007

SPX Bull Put Credit Spread Update

Well, no fill yesterday. This morning, the SPX was again in the red and my limit price was well below the mid point of the credit spread's combined bid/ask spread. Typically, I would expect to get filled on an SPX vertical spread once I am a dime or more below the mid-point.

The order remains open. Again, I'm cautious right now because of earnings being released. Apple, Inc., disappointed yesterday with their guidance and the stock tumbled taking the NASDAQ with it. It is off slightly again today. I do not want to get caught on the wrong side of a correction, especially if I settle for a cheap spread.

If I am not filled today, I'll review things over the weekend and post my thoughts here.

Good trading!

No comments: