Coverd Calls, Credit Spreads, Iron Condors and Advanced Stock Option Spread Trading Image

Discover the stock options strategies favored by professional traders in our FREE options trading mini-course!


Monday, February 12, 2007

Picking Up From Yesterday's S&P 500 Analysis

The market is off slightly today and I am trying to get filled on a fairly distant bull put spread. As I discussed yesterday, there I want to give the S&P 500 a good deal of cushion to the downside. We are still in a bullish trend, but with recent short-term weakness I want to play it safe.

The new March bull put credit spread is being sold five point below where I sold the February spread. My limit order is priced right about the mid-point between the bid and ask. My thinking was that if there is more selling that they order may fill, but so far we've remained fairly steady at a 2 point loss for the day.

Christopher Smith
TheOptionClub.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chris, what is exactly your bull put spread entry point? If you do not mind to share... Thanks. -Peter

Option Trader said...

I too am an option trader and would like to exchange links with you. I tend to be more UK stock based and I think this would complement your site

Colin Larcombe
http://stockoptiontrade.blogspot.com/