Coverd Calls, Credit Spreads, Iron Condors and Advanced Stock Option Spread Trading Image

Discover the stock options strategies favored by professional traders in our FREE options trading mini-course!


Thursday, February 8, 2007

Trading CROX while waiting on the S&P 500

We are seeing some sell off in the broad market today. That will actually help us get into our next bull put spread on the SPX.

I am not planning on placing a trade today, however. I took a quick look at the option chain this morning and did not see something I was ready to get into. We have time right now to be patient.

I am also trading other positions. One such position is CROX, which is a fairly new stock. They make shoes out of a proprietary resin. My daughter and her friends love them, and so do a lot of other folks.

I got into the position last week and expect to turn a tidy profit in the 20% to 30% range on a limited risk trade. I'm not the only one trading this stock. Adam Hewison and the MarketClub folks have put together a recent video, which will give you an idea of what I saw when I jumped in.


I did not catch the big move shown in the video, but I should still make some money on this one. The market is full of opportunities, so if the S&P 500 does not give us a good entry we can still add to our account.

Christopher Smith
TheOptionClub.com

No comments: