Coverd Calls, Credit Spreads, Iron Condors and Advanced Stock Option Spread Trading Image

Discover the stock options strategies favored by professional traders in our FREE options trading mini-course!


Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Establishing An ETF Profit Blueprint

We're getting a nice bounce this morning, but we'll need to see if it holds up. Yesterday, with the VIX spiking over two points, I took the opportunity to sell some additional option premium.

Bear Stearns caught a lot of traders, and investors, by surprise. Last night, I shared a video demonstrating how that pain can be avoided by paying aware of the warning signs. Don't misunderstand what's being said there...

It's not about foretelling the future. It's about identifying signs of weakening market support, resisting the temptation to "get in cheap," and developing a plan that allows you to trade in a profitable manner.

Increasingly, over the last few years, I have traded fewer and fewer stocks. I tend to focus on Exchange Traded Funds, or ETF's, for both for my longer term investment accounts and much of my shorter term trading.

These funds tend to reduce the exposure you have to a single stock, while still providing you with the desired exposure to a broad market index or even a narrow market sector.

I, and I'll wager the majority of the investing public, tend to focus on the most popular products such as the DIA, IWM, QQQQ, SPY, etc. There are so many more, however...

A trading friend and mentor of mine has compiled a report on ETF products, and how to trade them, that he is making available in PDF format. I downloaded a copy last night and hit the print button before putting my daughter to bed.

I've just started skimming through it and decided I'd pass this along to you because there is a good amount of information.

The report focuses on a group of funds that have largely remained ignored by the mainstream, but for the last several years have been used by traders quite effectively. While these markets have been around for over a decade, they're just now beginning to gain momentum, but they're still far from 'popular'...

The report answers the top 20 questions about these markets. You'll also discover how you can use this information to breathe some much needed life into your portfolio, regardless of what you already trade.

HOW TO GET YOUR COPY OF THE ETF REPORT

The report is available on a complimentary basis. To get your copy, just visit this web page:


I don't know how long it will be available, so I encourage you to download the report now.

Trade well.

Christopher Smith
TheOptionClub.com

No comments: