Coverd Calls, Credit Spreads, Iron Condors and Advanced Stock Option Spread Trading Image

Discover the stock options strategies favored by professional traders in our FREE options trading mini-course!


Tuesday, March 25, 2008

ETF Profit Driver Review

We had some significant gains yesterday. That's the second day in a row that we saw buying across the broad spectrum of the market.

Volume was off yesterday, as compared to Thursday, but keep in mind that Thursday was options expiration so some fall off in volume is only natural.

Nonetheless, the trend on the charts is still negative. I believe the major indexes have all re-taken their 50-day moving averages, but I'm still looking at a downward sloping trend line that must be broken if this now confirmed rally is to turn into something meaningful.

With the upward surge, I took the opportunity to sell some call premium. I may have to buy those shorts back if this rally pushes higher, but I'm playing the established trend. I do have hedges in place so if we do see the market run I should still be okay.

Preview Of ETF Profit Driver

I will be continuing our educational video series, but today I have other news. Next week, Bill Poulos is releasing his ETF Profit Driver course. Almost all of my trading and investing now centers on Exchange Traded Funds, so after reading his report I was very interested in this course.



ETF Profit Driver Preview Site

Bill and I go back a few years now. I got in touch with him, basically told him I wanted an advance copy of the course so I could dive into it and provide my members with a product review before it releases. We worked it out and I'm plowing through the material now...

A full review should be ready by the weekend. What can I tell you so far?

The course focuses exclusively on Exchange Traded Funds that are moving higher in value. There is no short selling, so you don't need a margin account. That means its good in an IRA and most 401k plans that give you a brokerage option.

ETF Profit Driver is designed to put you into trades at relatively safe points, when the underlying fund is trending higher. There are four distinct entry methods, so if you miss the trend when it first emerges you have three other methods of jumping on board at times when the odds are in your favor.

Where the course really distinguishes itself is in its well documented money management methods. Every time you open a position, you know exactly where to place your stop to limit whipsaws while effectively preserving your capital.

As the trend develops, you want to adjust that stop so that you effectively lock in profits while still giving the market room to move consistent with its established trend. ETF Profit driver provides explicit instruction on how and when to make those adjustments.

Finally, all good trades must come to an end and preferably conclude before a profit turns into a loss. The profit exits are designed to do just that and are also detailed within the course.

The end result is that after mastering the course materials, you will have what amounts to a fairly conservative "all weather" trading system.

You're trading ETF's, not individual stocks. You're not day trading or selling short. Capital is only exposed to the market when there is reason to believe that the probabilities are in your favor. Most importantly, you have a detailed plan for limiting losses.

Once I get the full review done, I'll announce it here on the blog so check back. I will also be continuing with those video trading lessons, another reason to stay tuned in.

No comments: